Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module you will:
1. Know how to develop a project from concept to creative work.
2. Understand the process of writing in the genre of your choice.
3. Know how to edit and proofread to publishable levels.
4. Know how to complete a creative project to publishable standard.
5. Know how to reflect critically on the process of your writing and your own creative work.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Portfolio: 15,000 words of fiction/creative non fiction (or equivalent in poetry), with a further 1500 words of practical analysis and reflection on process and practice.||Unspecified||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Regular meetings with supervisor to assess development of work in progress, discuss changes and strategies to improve and enhance work; student will receive notes and suggestions. Post-assessment, three examiner's reports are presented; corrected manuscript is available for inspection.