Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
- Understand How the Cloud integrates technologies like Parallel or Distributed computing.
- Explain the impact of economies of scale on the Cloud, and the main security problems that influence this technology.
- Hands-on projects on the software technologies used by the majority of the cloud providers.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing and its services
- Technology evolution and Cloud Computing Middleware
- Distributed File Systems
- Cloud Computing delivery models
- Cloud Computing deployment models
- Large-scale computing architectures
- Programming Model -- Hadoop Map/Reduce
- Cloud Computing Security
- Mobile Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Challenges & research Directions
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Examination: Final Exam||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Practical Examination: Practical submissions + Final project submission (20% for practicals and 10% for the project )||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Written exams, MCQs and tests||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Self-assessment activities
The module combines self-assessment and group feedback strategies. The self-assessment is given for online reading material through quizzes. While the Group/class feedback is given after continuous assessment exam and practical submission.
|Dr Chamil Kulatunga||Tutor|
|Ms Syeda Sana E Zainab||Tutor|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1||Mon 15:00 - 15:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: Weeks 2-12||Mon 15:00 - 15:50|
|Practical||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Thurs 15:00 - 16:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Wed 13:00 - 13:50|