Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
By the end of the module, students will:
1. have an appreciation of the state of the art of performance engineering;
2. know and be able to apply analytical and simulation tools and techniques to tackle performance engineering of complex software systems;
3. have conducted a detailed performance evaluation of a sample system;
4. appreciate the application of performance engineering techniques in an industrial context;
5. synthesize knowledge of performance engineering with previous industrial experience.
Topics vary, but are likely to include Measurement Techniques and Tools, Probability and Queueing Models, Test Design and Analysis, and Simulation.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
This module is only open to students on the MSc in Advanced
Software Engineering. For a similar module suitable for PhD
students, please see COMP47070.
Ability to write and design computer programs; understanding of the basics of computer systems.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Written assignment/project reports with possible interviews, along with one or more in-class test(s).||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.