Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students will:
1. Understand the principles of the United Nations SDGs (Sustainability Development Goals).
2. Comprehend the basic concepts of the Three Pillars of Sustainability.
3. Read and reviewed a comprehensive background to topics such as Climate Change, Environmental Sustainability, Recycling, Social Activism and Sustainable development.
4. Have a knowledge and contact list of local, national and international organaisations and agencies supporting sustainable action.
5. Have enhanced their soft skills.
6. Have developed a proof of concept, or working prototype that can be used for future funding or practically on campus or for the benefit of the wider community.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Although not essential, preference for the limited number of places on the course will be given to students who have completed the Enterprise, Innovation and Entrepreneurship module Comp 30390.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: Group Sustainability Project: Each team will use an agile development strategy involving weekly meetings and documented actions. Teams will be allowed to be as free and creative as possible.||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Presentation: Final Presentation/Demonstration of the group project deliverable (5). Each member will also submit an individual report on their work, ideas, conclusions and future developments (10).||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Presentation: Presentation/Essay: A group presentation on their chosen sustainability topic and how some aspect of I.T will be a component in their solution (10) . Each member will also submit an essay (15).||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Feedback will be given within 2 weeks after each presentation and submission of reports/essays.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32||Mon 16:00 - 16:50|
|Practical||Offering 1||Week(s) - 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32||Thurs 13:00 - 13:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32||Wed 13:00 - 13:50|