Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
(1) Provide markup for various HTML elements, attributes and values associated with the representation of web page content (e.g. text formatting, lists, tables, canvas, and media components).
(2) Use CSS to effectively control the presentation of websites (e.g. apply consistency and control page layouts).
(3) Develop scripting for user interactivity and website maintainability.
(4) Differentiate between alternate image formats that are appropriate for web use.
(5) Use standard web authoring tools.
(6) Understand the importance of consistency, structure, and aesthetics of design and how to achieve these.
(7) Make good decisions in relation to SEO.
(8) Demonstrate understanding of current W3C standards and recommendations when planning, designing, and publishing a website.
(9) Have a working knowledge of web hosting options (e.g. dedicated hosting, VPS, shared hosting) and permission settings.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Practical Examination: Weekly lab practicals on topics related to the preceeding lectures||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: Written examination||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Multiple Choice Questionnaire: Mid-term Assessment||Week 7||n/a||Graded||No||
|Project: Website Development Project||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Autumn||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Written feedback on weekly assignments guiding students for their work on project deliverable (for end of semester). Mid-term examination grade sent to students individually. End-of-semester examination results disseminated through SIS in end of semester results.
|Dr Duncan Wallace||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Ms Michelle Duggan||Tutor|
|Mr Eoin OhAnnagain||Tutor|
|Mr Karl Roe||Tutor|