Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, a participant will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of and critique the principles, relevant policies and techniques of teaching and learning in relation to his/her own practice and subject area.
2. Critically evaluate his/her own teaching and learning approaches and their impact on learners and how they learn.
3. Take responsibility for planning teaching and learning activities to encourage student engagement in learning and the achievement of specified learning outcomes for each session.
4. Take responsibility for evaluating his/her own performance based on feedback from a variety of sources (student, peer, laboratory supervisor) and demonstrate willingness to change approach to demonstrating in light of this feedback.
5. Demonstrate administrative competence, with reference to delivery and assessment of the relevant teaching and learning activity.
6. Understand the relationship between the design of a practical session and the learning outcomes associated with it.
7. Demonstrate an awareness of UCD, College and School policies and procedures that impact on his/her role as a Teaching Assistant and discuss their implications for his/her practice.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Participants must be graduate-level students, actively engaged in a teaching role within the UCD School of Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Preparation for, attendance at and participation in teaching activities||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||No||
|Journal: Blog/Journal entries||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||No||
|Assignment: 'Planning my teaching'||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.