Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Evaluate and discuss the key principles and concepts of Operational Excellence.
2. Evaluate and discuss the key principles of Lean Six Sigma programmes and their typical applications for bioprocess industries.
3. Demonstrate the application of Lean tools such as Value Stream Mapping, SMED, 5S, Visual Management, TPM, Kaizen Events, Creating Continuous Flow.
4. Demonstrate the application of Six Sigma tools such as DMAIC, Process Centering and Variation Reduction, SPC, PCA, QFD, FMEA, Poka-Yoke, HACCP, ANOM, ANOVA.
5. For a typical biopharmaceutical process demonstrate the application of a combination of Lean-Sigma tools for both a core manufacturing process sequence as well for a support function or administrative sequence.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: 3 assignments||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: Open book exam||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||Yes||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Mr Jim McKiernan||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|