Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should have:
1. Developed practical skills in a number of laboratory and processing techniques relevant to the chemical and allied industries
2. The ability to analyse a variety of standard unit operations, using process data and experimental measurements. Analyse experimental data, critically evaluate experimental results and understand data science, analytics and the ethical usage of technology and data. Compare obtained results with expected results and effectively communicate the results in written reports
3. An enhanced understanding of the principles underlying the performance of unit operations, fluid flow, heat transfer and mass transfer
4. Developed good laboratory practice, particularly with regard to safety, health and the environment.
5. Understand impact of chemical engineering (including choice of experimental parameters/conditions) on the environment, society and the economy.
6. Developed proficiency in the application of industry-standard computer-based simulation tools.
7. Enhanced their skills in the design of experiments and in the reporting & presentation of results.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.
|Professor Niall English||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Roderick Jones||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 31, 32, 33||Mon 14:00 - 15:50|
|Laboratory||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33||Tues 10:00 - 12:50|
|Computer Aided Lab||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20||Tues 14:00 - 16:50|
|Laboratory||Offering 1||Week(s) - 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33||Tues 14:00 - 16:50|
|Computer Aided Lab||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20||Wed 10:00 - 12:50|
|Laboratory||Offering 1||Week(s) - 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33||Wed 10:00 - 12:50|