Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
• Understanding the public image of chemistry through popular media.
• Developing effective communications skills, both through presentation and interaction.
• Building presentations for different audiences.
• Designing and running chemical demonstrations for schools.
• Identifying hot topics within chemistry.
• Building a public profile.
• Constructing and analyzing public attitudes through surveys
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Reflective piece covering the learning objectives met||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Attendance: Taking part in in-person and/or online outreach public events.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.