Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module, students should:
- Have a knowledge and understanding of modern approaches to asymmetricsynthesis;
- Be familiar with applications of transition metal complexes and theimportance of recent advances in chiral ligands;
- Be familiar with recent advances in the development and use oforganocatalysts for asymmetric synthesis;
- Be able to apply these chirotechnologies as key steps in the preparation ofbiologically important molecules.
Course is Graded as Pass (60%) or Honours (76%)"
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
The assignments will be in the order (a) Guiry; (b) Gilheany and (c) Connon. Graded assignments will be returned to the students.
|Professor Declan Gilheany||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|