Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- define and articulate research questions clearly
- carry out independent research
- identify, collect and critically analyse relevant primary and secondary sources
- present research in an appropriate, coherent and organised format
- demonstrate skills in time and data management
A supervised minor dissertation on a topic of the student's choice.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Seminar (or Webinar)||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Students will work with a supervisor throughout the trimester and receive oral and/or written feedback on ideas and written drafts prior to the final submission. Written feedback will be provided individually post-assessment. The module coordinator will also provide advice and support as needed in the seminars or by appointment.