Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students will be able to;
- identify natural carbon sequestration measures for agri-food, bioeconomy and climate change mitigation.
- critically assess the viability of carbon sequestration measures.
- understand how carbon sequestration is reported in national GHG inventory.
- assess the contribution of carbon sequestration in national mitigation targets.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: Student groups will assess carbon sequestration measures to achieve national GHG goals for Ireland or another country.||Week 11||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Seminar: Students will present their project (natural carbon sequestration measure/stationary source of carbon dioxide emission) and a short viability analysis to the class group.||Week 9||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Project: Students will select and profile a natural carbon sequestration measure (carbon capture) or a stationary source of atmospheric carbon dioxide emissions (carbon loss) for Ireland or another country.||Week 8||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
A marking Rubric will be available for the student project (worth 60%). Individual student feedback will be offered at draft stage of student project.
|Dr Rajat Nag||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, 32, 33||Fri 16:00 - 17:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Wed 10:00 - 11:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33||Tues 13:00 - 13:50|