Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should have acquired:
• knowledge and understanding of a range of numerical techniques;
• knowledge and understanding of the defects of numerical techniques especially stability and accuracy issues;
• skills and competency in numerically solving a range of problems;
• some insights into simulation techniques.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Computer Aided Lab||
MATH10230 and MATH10240 or equivalent. Also, knowledge of a programming language such as Pyton or Mathlab is necessary.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Examination: End of 7-week trimester examination in March||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Assignment: A number of assignments are carried out throughout the trimester.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Autumn||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26||Mon 15:00 - 16:50|
|Computer Aided Lab||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26||Tues 15:00 - 16:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26||Wed 15:00 - 15:50|