Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Having completed this module and its assessments you should be able to:-
• Demonstrate a clear knowledge and understanding of human behaviour in organizations and of the complexity of organizations themselves.
• Critique theory and be able to interpret its practical application value to contemporary organizations.
• Demonstrate an understanding of effective leadership practice.
• Analyse group behaviour and the factors affecting their performance in organisations.
• Appreciate the complexity of personal and organisational change.
.Engage in reflective practice with the goal of raising self-awareness
The module explores how people function in organisations as three levels of analysis; Individual, Groups and Organisations.
Themes explored include:
Motivation & Performance
Leadership theory and practice
Models of Change Management
Communication of Change
Resistance to Change
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Essay: Individual Paper - the essay theme will be advised early in the module.||Week 8||n/a||Graded||No||
|Project: Research project to apply the change management models to a real organisation.||Week 12||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Individual Essay - feedback to each person Research Project - students may submit a proposal of their project and receive my comments/advice on suitability. This is optional for students. Additionally, once final grades are published students may request feedback on their projects.
|Dr Vincent Hargaden||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|