Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
- Understand the role and functions of Business Plan in the context of anew venture start-up.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce and present a detailed Business Plan.
- Understand and demonstrate the core principles of Formulating Objectives and Goals, Environmental analysis, Marketing Strategy
selection, Operational Strategy selection Competitive analysis and Financial Strategy selection.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and present the Business Plan.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Individual contribution||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Business Plan Report||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: A final draft of the individual section of the group business plan will be peer and academically assessed.||Week 11||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Presentation: Final Presentation||Week 11||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: Weeks 2-12||Wed 14:00 - 15:50|
|Small Group||Offering 1||Week(s) - 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33||Tues 11:00 - 12:50|