Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
• Describe different parallel architectures, inter-connect networks, programming models, and algorithms for common operations such as matrix-vector multiplication..
• Given a problem, develop an efficient parallel algorithm to solve it..
• Given a parallel algorithm, analyze its time complexity as a function of the problem size and number of processors.
• Given a parallel algorithm, implement it using MPI, OpenMP, pthreads, or a combination of MPI and OpenMP.
• Given a parallel code, analyze its performance, determine computational bottlenecks, and optimize the performance of the code.
• Given a parallel code, debug it and fix the errors.
• Given a problem, implement an efficient and correct code to solve it, analyze its performance, and give convincing written and oral presentations explaining your achievements.
1 Introduction -- Chapter 1
2 Programming Technology Based on Message Transfer and Cluster System -- Chapter 2
3 Parallel Architecture and Processing Technology -- Chapter 3
4 Parallel algorithm design -- Chapter 3 (to be continued)
5 Parallel algorithm design -- Chapter 3 (completed)
6 Performance analysis – Chapter 4 (to be continued)
7 Performance analysis – Chapter 4 (completed)
8 Combining MPI and OpenMP – Chapter 5 (to be continued)
9 Combining MPI and OpenMP – Chapter 5 (to be continued)
10 Combining MPI and OpenMP – Chapter 5 (completed)
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Computer Aided Lab||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Class Test: 30%: Quiz.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Tutorial questions and attendance||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Alternative linear conversion grade scale 60% (Chinese modules)||No||
|Examination: 60%: Final exam.
||End of trimester MCQ||No||Alternative linear conversion grade scale 60% (Chinese modules)||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.