Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Students are expected to achieve the following competence:
• Find limits,continuity, total differential of multi-variable functions
• Finding gradients of multi-variable functions;
• Using gradients to find greatest increasing and decreasing directions of multi-variable function.
• Optimizing a function under constraints in terms of the method of Lagrangian multiplier;
• Computing double integrals in right coordinates, especially iterated integrals;
• Computing double integrals in polar coordinates;
• Computing triple integrals in right coordinates;
• Computing triple integrals in cylindrical and spherical coordinates.
week 9 Partial derivatives of composite functions and implicit functions.
week 10 Tangent lines of curves and tangent planes of surfaces in space.
week 11 Gradients and directional derivatives.
week 12 Lagrangian multiplier method, double integrals in Right coordinates.
week 13 Double integrals in polar coordinates, triple integrals in Right coordinates.
week 14 Triple integrals in Right, cylindrical and spherical coordinates.
week 15 Revision.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Class Test: Quiz in class. It will take about half an hour .||Unspecified||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Examination: Final exam will take 90 minutes . The final exam will include more than 90% of the material learned of this module||Unspecified||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Assignment: Performances of the assignments||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Attendance: Attendance recording and tutorial participation , and performance in class||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Summer||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
Assignment feedback individually , and the feedback will give the marks of the assignment by students' performances. Group feedback will be used when there is a team work given. Online feedback happens when online question and answers exist, the students' performance will be marked as assessments.