Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
1. Select a preferred methodology for the analysis of a place from a range of urban design thinkers.
2. Show evidence of in depth research in the assessment of an urban open space.
3. Develop critical appraisal of a place with evidence of fieldwork.
4. Capture findings in a submission that is academically rigorous and visually attractive (This can include visual diagrams, a design component, photos, videos, models, charts, recordings).
Open to students of architecture, planning and landscape architecture, this module will draw focus on streetlife and draw upon a range of historical and current insights in Urban Design to enable a more informed and methodological assessment of place. This will be particularly interesting and challenging to observe behaviour during Covid19.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Seminar (or Webinar)||
|Field Trip/External Visits||
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Final essay (builds on other assessments with focus on improving academic writing skills (further briefing in class)||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Fieldwork: Close observation and comparative analysis of streets (Further briefing in class)||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Attendance: Participation and engagement in discussions and reading seminars plus final reflections on the learning experience.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Essay: Book/ Literature Review (further briefing in class)||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Online automated feedback
Feedback given before summative assessment. I have developed a rubric for on-line grading related to learning outcomes. Timing and format to be agreed with the class.
|Once Off||Offering 1||Week(s) - 10||Wed 10:00 - 10:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12||Wed 11:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 6||Wed 11:00 - 12:50|
|Once Off||Offering 1||Week(s) - 10||Wed 13:00 - 13:50|