Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Upon completing this module you will have:
1) Learned how to identify and develop an academic research question
2) Designed and conducted an independent research project
3) Learned to prepare for and overcome the challenges inherent in carrying out research
4) Produced a 15,000 word dissertation (the thesis)
Discussion and creation of a topic for dissertation research, and a plan for carrying out that research. Topics will include: ethics, defining your research interests, structure of a viable research plan, time management. Much of the fundamental feedback will come via assignments and one-on-one meetings with the module coordinator. Peer group feedback, where possible, will play a coaching vs advisory function.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Project Proposal:||Week 9||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Project Presentation - individual presentations||Week 7||n/a||Other||No||
|Assignment: Master's minor thesis||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Project abstract, proposed approach and initial bibliography. This can be submitted as a written assignment (<1500 words plus bibliography) OR as a video assignment (scripted, <10min, incl biblio)||Week 3||n/a||Other||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.