Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
1) Identify, analyse and report on the material culture of warfare from the prehistory to the Medieval period, including technology and metallurgy.
2) Chart major developments in interpersonal violence & combat systems through these periods.
3) Demonstrate competency in generic artefact studies including handling, and recording of ancient artefacts.
4) Understand the contribution of combat and violence to social institutions, processes, and values.
5) Make their own shield
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Project: You will be required to make your own shield. This is to be used in the practical sessions later in the semester.||Week 10||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: In week 11 you will be given 7 questions of which you must complete 3: a compulsory picture question, and 6 essays, of which you must choose 2. You will be allowed 2 weeks to complete the assignment.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Dr Neil Carlin||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Assoc Professor Barry Molloy||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Professor Tadhg O'Keeffe||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Brendan O'Neill||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12||Mon 15:00 - 15:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12||Wed 11:00 - 11:50|