Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
- demonstrate familiarity with key field work skills
- prepare a portfolio highlighting key skills obtained
- understand the relationship between field work and post excavation
- demonstrate an understanding of the nature of archaeological field work environments
- work in small teams
Archaeological Field Skills students will participate in the UCD School of Archaeology Glendalough Fieldschool (August 19th - 30th 2019). This is a major excavation focusing on the evolution of the Glendalough valley and combining research, management, outreach and teaching objectives. A small number of follow up laboratory sessions will take place in Autumn. Students will be required to develop a portfolio highlighting the range of skills they have obtained.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Feedback will be provided throughout the practical work. Formal feedback on the portfolio provided individually, with summary for whole class.
|Dr Neil Carlin||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Mr Conor McDermott||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Rob Sands||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|