Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Having taken this module, students will be expected to:
* have a broad and cursory sense of the Irish landscape, both urban and rural.
* demonstrate a rudimentary knowledge of the human story in Ireland
* be able to discuss certain cultural and societal themes with a certain amount of knowledge.
Relevant transferable skills:
* Students will develop an analytical perspective
* Descriptive and linguistic improvement
* Heightened communication skills (in terms of written work, presentation and visual technologies)
* Students will be working through the English language, many for the first time, and a progressive improvement will mark every stage of their assessment and progression will be rewarded as such.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Class Test: Class Test 3||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Alternative linear conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Class Test: Class Test 1||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Alternative linear conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Class Test: Class Test 2||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Alternative linear conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
Not yet recorded.
|Dr Amanda Kelly||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|