Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1) Identify the main components of natural heritage present in the rural landscape.
2) Evaluate management options for a range of habitats within the landscape.
3) Be familiar with the standardised guide to habitat classification in Ireland and understand the processes involved in undertaking a habitat survey and presenting the results of such a survey using GIS techniques.
4) Demonstrate a basic level of skill in terms of plant identification.
Key topics that will be covered within this module:
Formation, conservation status and management of a range of habitat types in the farmed landscape
Plant growth strategies
Basic plant identification skills
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Examination: End of trimester examination.||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Assignment: Production of a plant herbarium||Week 8||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Assoc Professor Helen Sheridan||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|