Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to
- Run Python code via interactive Jupyter notebooks
- Use version control software
- Write simple programs involving input/output, plotting, loops, conditionals and functions
- Describe and implement different methods for interpolation.
- Describe and implement elementary root-finding procedures.
- Solve ODEs numerically using standard algorithms, analyse their accuracy and stability, and implement them numerically.
- Describe elementary numerical integration integration schemes, analyse their accuracy, and implement them.
- Describe elementary numerical algorithms for computing properties of matrices
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Computer Aided Lab||
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Students are recommended to have successfully completed level one courses in calculus and algebra, along the lines of the following module pairs:
1. MATH10300 - Calculus in the Mathematical Sciences and MATH10270 - Linear Algebra in the Mathematical Sciences
2. MATH10330 - Calculus in the Phy Sciences and MATH10280 - Linear Algebra in the Physical Sciences
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Examination: end of trimester exam||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Continuous Assessment: over the trimester assignments and coding assessments||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Mr Kevin Cunningham||Tutor|
|Mr Chris Devitt||Tutor|
|Mr Kevin Kiely||Tutor|
|Ms Tatjana Kokina||Tutor|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Mon 17:00 - 17:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Wed 13:00 - 13:50|
|Computer Aided Lab||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Fri 15:00 - 15:50|
|Computer Aided Lab||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Mon 11:00 - 11:50|
|Computer Aided Lab||Offering 2||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Fri 10:00 - 10:50|
|Computer Aided Lab||Offering 2||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Tues 13:00 - 13:50|