Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Upon successfully completing this module, you will be able to explain:
- the key factors that influence the Earth's climate,
- how these have changed in the past,
- and how they may change in the future.
You will also be able to:
- discuss the methods used to uncover the Earth's past climate
- explain the role of climate models in projecting changes in the future
- give some case studies on the impact of changes in climate
- appreciate how uncertainty is a part of climate change science
How do we know that the climate is changing?
What causes climate change?
How do we project future climate?
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Online quizzes||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Group Project: Two group projects||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
• Peer review activities
Online quizzes are automatically graded. Group projects will receive feedback from the lecturer as well as from peers.
|Dr Conor Sweeney||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12||Fri 11:00 - 11:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12||Tues 15:00 - 15:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12||Wed 16:00 - 16:50|